perjantai 2. huhtikuuta 2010

"Angry Father Interrupts A Love Scene" full lyrics

"FATHER 

What the hell do I see?

Get away from my wife!

You have no business here

In this house and in our lives!

 

I shall never let my daughter

Get anywhere near you

I'll banish you from whence you came

Where no one can hear you!

 

PRINCE
Please hear me, dear Sir

You have got it all wrong

This wasn't my idea

It was your wife's all along.

 

She offered me to have a drink

And sooner than I notice

She’s in my arms, and so I think

She is unfaithful, and you should also know this.

 

MOTHER
How dare you?! You liar!

Don't try to blame it on me!

You said your heart's on fire

When you laid your hands on me.

 

I thought you were worried

And so I poured you some wine

But instead you wildly hurried

To violate the chastity of mine.

 

PRINCE: Please hear me, she's telling you lies.

MOTHER: I'm afraid for my little girl.

PRINCE: This must look very bad but it is not my bad.

FATHER: Men! Gather 'round! For this will never be forgotten. We'll kill you at this instant and let your soulless body rotten. Get him!

 

[PRINCE jumps through a window into the garden.]

 

FATHER: After him!"

Säkeistöt valmiina. Lopussa vuorottelua laulajien välillä. Tämä sekvenssi tulee kohtien "Seduction" ja "A Chase Through The Woods" väliin. Eli for the dummies: kartanonemäntä yrittää vietellä prinssin, ja isäntä saapuu paikalle syyttäen nuorukaista, joka sitten pakenee vainoojiaan. Henkilökohtaisesti erittäin tyytyväinen siihen, että sain tämän tekstin valmiiksi - loin myös alustavasti taustoja. Isän roolia laulamaan sopisi Timo Kotipelto tai Jarkko Ahola. Kilven tai Sonata Arctican solistit ehkä myös, mutta en ole varma, miten hyvin he ääntävät englantia. :)

Kohta voisi alkaa suunnitella musiikkia myös Tanssiaisia varten. Toivottavasti keksin jonkin paremman käännöksen kuin - sinänsä kyllä korrektin - 'ball'. Tuolle sanalle vain on olemassa liian monia ja liian arveluttavia sivumerkityksiä, joten en halua sitä rikkomaan herkkää kokonaisuutta. ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti